First division embedded vision
The phyBOARD‑Pollux with i.MX 8M Plus module opens up a new performance class for embedded vision applications:
- The integrated image signal processors (ISP) process the camera image data independently of the CPU. Bayer demosaicing of high-resolution live streams is possible in real time without CPU load.
- Two independent camera interfaces for MIPI CSI ‑ 2 camera modules of the last generation. With the standardized phyCAM ‑ M connector on the base board, different camera boards can easily be connected.
- The 1,6 GHz Quad Cortex-A53 NXP processor with an M7 real-time coprocessor enables the construction of completely new and powerful image processing systems.
- The advanced video encoder and decoder can also process H.265 formats in both directions.
- phyBOARD-Pollux base board
- phyCORE-i.MX 8M Plus module
- Camera module VM-016-COL-M-M12
- Lens M12 (S-Mount), f = 12 mm
- Embedded LinuxBSP
- pre-installed software image including camera driver
- preinstalled libraries: OpenCV, GStreamer
- reference schematics
- Commissioning guarantee
- power supply, cable
Sales manager Ralf Orschau explains the possibilities of the i.MX 8M Plus platform.
AI edge computing
The first module with an integrated neural coprocessor drastically accelerates the processing of AI and machine learning. The 2,3 TOPS NPU unit can speed up neural network processing by a factor of 20. More complex tasks can also be calculated on the module without having to edit the data in the cloud. The NPU is in BSP integrated via TensorFlow Lite.
The phyBOARD ‑ Pollux integrates the greatest possible variety of interfaces:
In addition to the two phyCAM‑M interfaces, the board has, among other things, 2x USB 3.0, 2x CAN FD, 2x Gigabit Ethernet, miniPCIe, LVDS display, MIPI DSI, HDMI, audio and digital I/Os.
|demosaic||Conversion of the sensor's raw color data into RGB values|
|Denoise/Sharpen filter||visual image quality improvement|
|AEC (Auto Exposure Control)||automatic exposure control (base calibrated)|
|AWB (Auto White Balance)||automatic white balance (for color cameras, basic calibration)|
|BLC (Black Level Correction)||Black level equalization (for cameras without internal BLC)|
|Defect Pixel Cluster Correction||automatic correction of defective pixels (for cameras without internal DPC)|
|WDR3 (Wide Dynamic Range)||Emphasizing details in difficult lighting conditions|
|Ethernet||2x 10/100/1000 Mbit/s|
|Wireless||802.11 b/g/n (ac) 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz (via optional Wi-Fi Adapter)|
|USB||2x 3.0 Host|
|Serial||1x RS-232/RS-485 Full Duplex/RS-485 Half Duplex|
|CAN||2x CAN FD|
|Digital I/O||optional via Expansion Connector|
|Mass Memory||microSD Card Slot|
|Display||LVDS (1x 4 lanes or 1x 8 lanes) , MIPI DSI (1x 4 lanes), HDMI|
|Audio||SAI via A/V Connector|
|Camera||2x MIPI CSI-2 (phyCAM-M)|
|Expansion Bus||I²C, SPI, SDIO (8-bit), UART, JTAG, USB|
|JTAG||via Expansion Connector|
|User Control Elements||1x Reset Button, 1x On/Off, 1x Boot source select|
|Boot Source||eMMC, SD Card, NOR, USB Serial Download, Internal Fuses|
|Camera model||HD Color Camera module VM-016-COL-M-M12|
|Resolution||1280 x 800 (1 MPixel)|
|Interface||phyCAM-M (MIPI CSI-2)|
|Connector Type||FFC/FPC 30 pin, 0.5 mm pitch|
|Frame Rate (full-size)||60 fps (max.)|
|Lens||f = 12 mm, M12 (S-Mount)|
We provide support in our free board support packages GStreamer, OpenCV and HALCON three well-known and successfully represented software libraries for image processing.
Do you have questions about an embedded topic? Arrange an online meeting now!
Within 30 minutes you will learn new solutions for your project.
You can also secure exclusive offers after your conversation.