Texas Instruments AM57x
The scalable Texas Instruments ARM® Cortex™-A15 processor is pin compatible and available as a single- and dual-core variant.
The capabilities of this high performance processor lead the Sitara family with 10,500 DMIPs and each Core running up to 1.5 GHz. The AM57x boastfully meets the need for high performance industrial systems while achieving x86-level performance in fanless enclosures and smaller form factors. The combination of industrial temperature rating and the rugged PCB interconnects of PHYTEC SOMs make it possible for system developers to use SOMs in mission-critical applications that must endure extreme industrial environments.
Depending on the processor variant, the processor has the following optional features:
- Display and 3D graphics acceleration
- Video / audio input
- Supports all industrial protocols (PRU-ICSS)
- Extended temperature range: -40 to 105°C
- Support now available for the following
processor variants: AM5716, AM5726, AM5728,
AM5729, AM5746, AM5748, AM5749
- New Linux Release in April based on TI’s
latest SDK release
- New RTOS Release in May based on TI’s latest
- Secureboot support being added for AM574x
- New features with deep learning, EVE, CAN FD
- Pin compatibility and scalability
This table shows the different processor variants.